Monday, April 23, 2012

bah hormones!


I was on the pill for about... 6? years? It was to regulate things and keep me from bleeding heavily for two weeks straight every other week. Apparently being underweight can make your body do weird things. Anyways, I'm a healthy weight now, so I'm stopping the pill (hopefully for good). So needless-to-say, I'm all hormone-y. Is that a word? Guess not. Oh well. I would have gone off of it way sooner, but didn't want to risk blood stains on my wedding gown, if you know what I mean. I should probably google what to expect when stopping it after 6 years. And I should go to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry if it's strange for me to comment on this since I don't know you that well!

    It's a little known fact that women trying to induce lactation (I have a friend doing it for her adopted baby due any week now) often go on birth control pills and then stop them. The hormone change mimics the end of pregnancy (hence the lactation). I'm NOT saying you're going to start lactating (it usually takes a bit more effort than that!), just that it IS a big hormone change! Hope things go back to normal for you again soon!

    ReplyDelete