Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wrangling things into place


Since getting back, we've been spending all our time organizing and cleaning. I think we finally got most of the stuff away. We still need organizing baskets and furniture, right now we are just using banker boxes. I also finally broke down and bought us a vacuum. The apartment effectively has not been vacuumed since before we moved in. GROSS. We know that at least two people bought us a vacuum for a gift, so we will see which one we end up keeping.
We also got a bird bath to use as a feeder. So now I'm just waiting for the birds to find it! Maybe I'll find some fake bird figurines to put on the rail of the balcony to lure them in.
Abby is VERY GLAD to be home. I think she missed the privacy and quiet which doesn't come with a house with a small child. Good thing our friends had a large house for her to hide.
The sewing machine from the registry is here! now I just need a table, chair, thread, etc.. But I'm excited to get going.
I'm also in-progress of getting thank-you notes done. It's definitely not my favorite thing.
I miss the sun. It's been all gloomy since we got back. I guess the "April showers" applies here. But at least the farmer's market opens soon! Yay fresh produce! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment