Thursday, July 5, 2012

Higgs Boson

Watercolor by Susan Rose

I'm dying to create. Since the announcement from CERN, my imagination has been contantly bursting with images and ideas and inspiration. My mind plays visual music and I'm antsy. It almost feels like OCD. The images and urges to create replaty over and over. IT's especially difficult to sleep. As my mind quiets, the images spill into my mind and the mental dance begins. My hands start to get a longing feeling for creating. I miss the brushes, and the paints. My fingers ache and feel restless. It's been a while since I've felt such purpose.

It's strange to say, but the discovery has given me purpose again. Seeing and feeling and experiencing. Feeling teh awe and joy of the universe and creation. It's what we all were created to do. We are meant to experience, share, enjoy, create. I want to share this purpose, emotion, joy with everyone.

It's so difficult to put into words. The human experience is universal. We all share a deep connection that transcends cultures and languages and religions. We exist. I feel the need to capture this and somehow put it on paper as to bring people together. I want to remind everyone that we are all the same, we are all created, and we are meant to share life together.

The only problem is the whole lack of studio space. It's so frustrating! I need a space! Somewhere that I can have my supplies, inspiration, and space to create. Right now my space consists of a tiny 1 bed 1 bath apartment. I really don't think my landlords would appreciate paint splatters on the carpet either. And the whole cat hair in paint situation isn't very fun.

So I've been looking at houses. But that just turns my frustration into sadness. We can't afford to buy a house, let alone maintain it! And ones that we can afford need a LOT of work done. UGH. And so the search for a studio space begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment